The process of thermal diffusion zinc coating DiSTeK™ is a new environmentally friendly process. The process is designed for coating of small to medium-sized items (including threaded) made of steel and cast iron requiring the coating thickness above 20 micron, and operating in the open air.
The DiSTeK™ technology is based on the method of chemical thermal zinc saturation of surface of steel products in powder environment.
The thermal diffusion zinc coating has the following advantages:
- High corrosion resistance - High corrosion resistance
- Environmental friendly - Dry process, chromate free, does not contain toxic elements, ecological clean
- Minimal pre-treatment required - Oily, greasy and 40% rusty surfaces can be coated with no pre-treatment
- Low diffusion temperature - 360°C - 470°C
- Passivation - Provides excellent free-air conservation, with non-toxic materials
- Thickness of coating - 15-120µ
- Strong adhesive coating - No peeling or cracking
- High abrasive resistance - Micro-hardness up to 1636 HV, prevents nut seizure in stainless steel bolts
- Uniform coating - Even on tubes and internal surfaces
- No Zinc build up - No grinding of excess zinc